Change your premium cable package to basic, or get rid of cable completely. Why pay for something you can barely afford? The money that you are wasting for something that you are probably not even watching could go towards paying off other bills.
There are several alternatives to cable television:
• You can rent popular movies online for $1 at Redbox, and if you join the Redbox text club, you can get monthly freebies and special announcements texted straight to your phone.
• You can watch some of your favorite programs online by going to the television networks website, and finding your favorite programs.
• You can also subscribe to Hulu.com for about $8 a month and watch movies and television programs on your computer or streamed to your television via your tablet, laptop, or computer game box. The great thing about hulu is that it is much cheaper than cable. Start Your Hulu Plus™ Free Trial Now!
Save money and time by paying your bills online. First you will save money by not having to buy stamps for every bill you have to pay, also you won’t have to worry about the bill getting to it’s destination too late, because you didn’t mail it on time, once you hit the submit button online your bill is on time.
Coupons, coupons, coupons, if you haven’t learned by now, using coupons will save you money, you just have to take the time to find them, and if you don’t like clipping coupons out of the Sunday paper then go online to places like:
Save on Groceries at Coupons.com!
MySavings – Free Coupons.
Redplum – Spend less, get more with free printable grocery coupons. Click, print and save!
Cellfire – Save grocery coupons directly to your supermarket savings card with Cellfire.
Freeflys – Join now to get free samples from top name brands! Cheap is good, but FREE is better!
Grocery Coupon Network -100% FREE registration to receive free printable coupons, exclusive email savings, recipes and helpful grocery savings tips.
Savings Star – Save on your groceries with SavingStar! SavingStar is a new eCoupon service that’s totally paperless – so there’s nothing to clip or print. Get over 30 eCoupons worth over $50!
LifeScript – Free coupons from your favorite brands.
Quality Health – FREE Winter Samples!
Find grocery savings at CoolSavings.com with grocery coupons, discount codes and money saving tips!
Also look for free programs like “food on the table” that will help you save money as you plan your meals.
The gym membership that you have, but not using, get rid of it; the only one benefiting from you membership is the gym that is collecting money from your account every month. Instead look for different ways to work out at home, you can:
• Walk around your neighborhood.
• Ride your bike.
• Use exercise DVD’s that you’ve already purchased.
• Form a neighborhood exercise class and workout with neighbors.
• Find exercise programs on television.
Do you really need a land line if you have a cell phone? This is a judgment call that you have to make; if you really need to save money then you might have to give up your land line.
If you like to do things in your city with family and friends then take advantage of daily deals where you can get up to 90% off on the things you like to do. If you like going to restaurants, spas, museums, tourist attractions, and more look for deals where you don’t have to pay full price. If you do your research taking advantage of daily deals can help you save money next year.
Here are a few daily deals sites you can go to save money:
- Find Today’s Daily Deal on Your City’s Best Things To Do at Groupon.com!
- Get your deal on, with Saveology Daily Deals. Save 50% to 90% on dining, events, spas, and more everyday!
- Deal Nation -Save 50% – 90% off restaurants, spas, and more in your local area.
- $2 for most $25 Restaurant.com Gift Certificates! Use code: SALE at checkout now through 12/31 only!
Remember it’s not a deal if you buy it and don’t use it.
Look for ways to save money on your energy bill during the different seasons.
• Energy Saving Winter
• Energy Saving Summer
Many companies also offer rebate programs that puts money back in your pocket if you recycle old appliances and get energy efficient appliances.
Sign up to make extra money taking online surveys, you won’t get rich but you can pay a few bills with what you make. Most surveys ask for your opinion on certain subjects, you may not qualify for every survey but the ones you do qualify for you will get paid a few dollars. Two great online survey sites are:
• Inbox Dollars where you get paid to read email and take surveys.
• Survey Savvy-
As a member, you can make a difference by participating in online surveys, focus groups, as well as other interactive studies.
SurveySavvy is unique from other online panels because of its patented referral program that gives you incentives for every survey your referrals complete and additional incentives for every survey their referrals complete. This represents growth to your account balance regardless of whether or not you actually complete any surveys!
Most surveys are only a few minutes and you can take them while you are at home watching television or doing nothing. You goal is to make a few extra dollars next year and taking surveys can help.
Look in your closet and whatever you are not wearing, get rid of it, you can take them to a consignment shop and see if you can get a few dollars for your clothes, have a yard sale, and if you have kids clothes you no longer need sign up for free to “thread up” where you can now earn cashback for your outgrown kids clothes, and gently used toys & books on thredUP. Earn up to $10 for every great box you send to another momnew clothes for your kids while getting rid of the old ones.
These are just 10 things that you can start doing today to save and make money in 2012.
Stay Connected to Savings Scoop: