Earth Day is this on Sunday April 22, 2012, here are a few things that you can do to save money and protect the earth.
1. Walk bike, or take public transportation; you will get more exercise, save money on gas, and not pollute the environment by driving.
2. Recycling bottles and cans, can save on energy, recycling newspapers; can save trees from being cut down.
3. Instead of buying harmful cleaning products make your own natural product; mix water, vinegar, and a few drops of lemon to help keep your home sparkling.
4. Sprinkle baking soda on your carpet for about ten minutes to eliminate odors; it’s cheap, and not filled with harmful chemicals.
5. If you get a new cell phone donate your old one to a charity so that it can be reused.
6. Volunteer once or twice a month to help pick up trash in your community.
7. After washing clothes In the summer, hang up your clothes outside to consume less energy.
8. Unplug electronics and appliances when not in use to conserve energy.
9. Plant a tree trees provide oxygen to help us breathe better, trees can also reduce the cost of cooling a home by providing shade.
10. Use appliances that have the energy star label to save money.
11. Opt in to receiving your bills online instead of by mail.
12. Invest in a water filter and BPA drinking bottle to save money on water and reduce the need for plastic bottles.
These are just a few things that you can do to save money and protect your environment.
Going Green Articles:
Stay Connected to Savings Scoop: