After being unemployed for awhile, you’ve finally managed to get an interview with a company that’s hiring.
Your job search to date has been frustrating because, you’ve been on several interviews, competing against other people, for one job opening. You go through the interview process only to hear that you are either over qualified, under qualified, or not what they were looking for.
At this point, all you need is a job so you can pay your bills and get out of debt, so you’ll do whatever it takes to impress your potential employer, and stand out from everyone else interviewing for the same position.
Here are a few interviewing techniques and tips to prepare for your next job interview.
- Before your interview, set up a mock interview to identify your strengths and weaknesses. Make sure you videotape it to see if you need to make any changes in your interview technique. If you can’t set up a mock interview, go to YouTube and find videos about how to interview.
- Make sure you google potential interview questions so you can be more confident in your answers during the interview.
- Know something about the company or business you will potentially work for in case you are asked a question.
- On the day of the interview have something to eat, relax, and don’t stress yourself out worrying about how it will go.
- Be on time! Actions speak louder than words, so if you are late, you might as well kiss your job opportunity goodbye.
- The first thing the person interviewing you see’s is your appearance, so make sure you have a clean and neat appearance.
- You have to be confident so, walk in, shake the interviewers hand firmly, and maintain good eye contact.
- Let the interviewer know that even though you’ve been unemployed for a while you’ve been volunteering, taking classes, or attending workshops to keep your skills up.
- Don’t let negative thoughts ruin your chance of getting a job, sometimes your thoughts can take over during an interview, and you start to think of reasons why you probably won’t get the job; for every negative thought you have, think of something positive like having a steady paycheck.
- Sell yourself, let your potential employer know that you are hardworking, self-motivated, and focused; you have excellent communication skills and you work well with others.
- If you are asked “do you have any questions” make sure you have a question to ask, it could be about the future goals of the company, or industry.
- When the interview is over let the interviewer know how eager you are to work for an excellent company and how they will benefit with you on their team.
- Bring a few copies of your resume that highlights your education, experience, and any certifications you may have.
These are just a few tips and techniques you can use to prepare for your next interview.
- Find a Job – Retail/Wholesale
- Find a Job – Administrative and Support Services
- Find a Job – Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
- Access More Career Tools, Advice, and Information. Create a FREE Monster Account Today!
- Search for jobs in your area on Snagajob
- Find a Job – Customer Service and Call Center
- Find a Job – Sales
- Find a Job – Information Technology
- Find a Job – Banking
- Find a Job – Accounting/Auditing
- Bed Bath and Beyond is hiring at a location near you!
- Apply for jobs with Jiffy Lube on Snagajob
- Apply for jobs with Toys “R” Us on Snagajob
- Apply for jobs with Domino’s on Snagajob
- Khol’s is hiring at a location near you!
- Apply for jobs with Boston Market on Snagajob
- Apply for jobs with Marshalls on Snagajob
- Apply for a job with Harris Teeter on Snagajob
- Walmart is hiring at a location near you!
- Pizza Hut is hiring drivers near you
- Apply for jobs with McDonald’s on Snagajob
- AMC Entertainment is hiring at a location near you!
- Apply for jobs with Avon on Snagajob
- Apply for jobs with The Einstein Bros. Bagels on Snagajob
- Apply for jobs with Chick-fil-A on Snagajob
- Macys is hiring at a location near you!
- Apply for jobs with FedEx on Snagajob
- Find a job at the Apple Store today!
- Apply for jobs with Marriott on Snagajob
- Jobs For Military Veterans!
- Apply for jobs with top national companies on Snagajob
- Apply for Hospitality Jobs on Snagajob
Stay Connected to Savings Scoop:
Twitter, and Facebook