It’s the holidays and the urge to buy things you can’t afford with credit cards you shouldn’t have is in the air; so here are 12 reasons not to use credit cards this holiday season.
1. Don’t use credit cards if buying things on credit is what got you into debt in the first place. If you truly want to buy something save money and pay with cash.
2. If you can’t manage your spending habits, don’t have a card because you will use it.
3. If you have a credit card with a high interest rate do not use your card, you will end up paying more for the interest than what you actually get.
4. You shouldn’t use a credit card this season if you have debt collectors calling for money you owe.
5. If you can’t pay the balance of your credit card off in a reasonable amount of time don’t use your card.
6. Avoid going to the mall during the holidays to avoid the temptation of using your card on holiday sales.
7. Just say no when cashier tells you that you can save an extra 10% on your purchase if you sign up for a credit card.
8. If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it even if you have a credit card.
9. The sooner you stop spending and start saving your money the sooner you will get out of debt.
10. Credit cards are not harmful if you know how use them responsibly.
11. Don’t use credit cards if you are in debt and don’t know how much you owe your creditors.
12. A few things you can do to get out of debt is not use your credit card during the holidays, create a holiday budget, use cash not credit, and don’t spend money you don’t have.
Stay Connected to Savings Scoop: