It’s already six months into 2011, and many of us promised ourselves that we would be in shape by the summer.
Guess what? Summer is here, and we are still weighing the same weight, if not more than we did in January.
But, all that is going to change because, we are going to start working out at home. We all know that exercising on a regular basis will get us in shape, and reduce some of the stresses in life. Since many of us can’t afford a gym membership we are going to create our own gym at home.
Here are 8 tips to exercise at home:
If you look around your house there are plenty of things you can use to workout:
- If you have a bag of rice or flour, they make perfect weights to tone your arms. Old plastic bottles filled with water also can be use as weights.
- If you want to exercise your legs, place a bag of beans on the top front part of your ankle, and do leg lifts.
- If your floor is carpeted, then it makes a perfect mat for sit ups, and pushups.
- If you have cable with “on demand” then click on the fitness channel which has a great selection of workout videos that you can choose from like: yoga, cardio, dance, abs, walking, belly dancing, sculpting and more.
- If you like to jump rope and have a dog leash, then turn that leash into a jump rope. I’m sure your dog won’t mind.
- Find a park, or neighborhood school with a track, and start walking or running daily.
- Go outside and stretch your entire body.
- Dust of your bicycle and start riding a few times a week.
So, there is no excuse to not get back on track, with the promise that you made to yourself on January 1st. It’s not too late, so get started on your workout plan today.
Stay connected to Savings Scoop
Twitter, and Facebook